Niko Algieri comes from a family of fitness professionals. His Father was Mr. Wales in 1992, his Mother currently teaches aerobics 5 times a week and his step-father was 4 times World Kickboxing Champion.
Niko himself achieved great things throughout his sporting career. He achieved 1st Dan black belt in Kickboxing at the age of 14 and now uses these training ideals with his clients today. In his teens he was Welsh Champion at Pentathlon, hurdles and high jump holding several records. At the same time he played at national level in football gaining trials for clubs such as Derby County, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff and Portsmouth. Sustaining two serious injuries at ages 16 and 18 ended Niko’s hopes of a professional football career but it set him on the path to becoming a personal trainer.
He continued to play semi-professional football in the Welsh Premier League for Haverfordwest County FC whilst developing his own physique through kickboxing and gym based training.
In March 2009 he entered the Men’s Health cover model competition making it down to the final 12 for the professional photo shoot and featured on the Channel 4 documentary Extreme Male Beauty. In August this year Niko was asked to become the official Personal Trainer for Cosmopolitan Magazine featuring monthly in print and online top give essential tips and advice to their readers. He is also the now the face of Travel Alberta Ski Bootcamp after travelling to Canada to run a Skifit bootcamp.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Instructing Fitness
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Exercise to Music
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Active IQ Certificate in Studio Cycling (Spinning)
- Active IQ Certificate in Circuit Training
- Active IQ Room Certificate in Sports Nutrition
- Active IQ Certificate in Gym Based Boxing
- Faster Global TRX Suspension Trainer Accredited
- Qualifed Kettlebell Instructor